Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: Re: [FT] Operational game

Re: [FT] Operational game

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:28:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Operational game

> > So what would induce an admiral to hold back some forces?  Fear of
an
> > ambush is one; having a limited control span is another.  What
else?

> Have victory conditions tied to physical chunks of space (planets,
stations,
> mining operations on asteroids, etc) instead of the fleet.  Sure,
each side
> may have 10,000 points worth of ships...but to *really* inforce an
> operational game you must make victory based upon something other
than the
> decimation of your opponents naval forces.

However, if you've decimated your opponent's navy, controlling his
planets becomes fairly simple.	Or should we conclude that the fleet
is there to protect trade, and planets can look after themselves?
That would imply that most warships have little or no orbital
bombardment capability, or else that even a frontier planet can afford
anti-ship weapons

Prev: Re: [FT] Operational game Next: Re: [FT] Operational game