Prev: Re: OT: Pet Deification was WCC Next: GZG-Vegas

Re: [brigademodels] Wheeled tank

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:38:17 +0000
Subject: Re: [brigademodels] Wheeled tank

Excuse the cross-posting, but Glenn sent this query to several lists at
once so to save myself time I'll reply to them all at one go :-)

Glenn M Wilson wrote:

>I went to the Design gallery at Brigade Models to see what was cooking
>and took a look at the Francophile Legion wheeled medium tank in
progress
>- I am unsure what DS2 "size" it represents but talk about a great
>looking mini!	I can see these in my PHR wheeled elements as a
>LBT/MBT/HBT depending on the size (10 wheels makes me think HBT or
MBT.)

I'd rate it as a size-3 in DS2 terms - the model is roughly the same
bulk as one of our MBTs although longer and narrower. The wheels are
very small (approx 3mm diam).

>Brigade Models guys on any of the lists, just how big is this looking
it
>will finally be cast at?  Approximately, of course.

I don't have the model to hand, but IIRC it's around 25mmx10mm (very
roughly). The wheels are about the same size as the Hyane's, overall the

model is about as long as a Boyd but narrower.

>And when?
>Approximately of course, again.

It's likely to go into a master mould quite soon - I have almost enough
new 1/300th masters to fill a mould so as soon as I can finish a couple
more it'll be immortalised in silicone rubber. I'd expect sometime in
the next month or so.

Tony

Prev: Re: OT: Pet Deification was WCC Next: GZG-Vegas