Prev: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures? Next: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:59:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

At 7:34 AM -0600 1/24/03, devans@nebraska.edu wrote:

>I missed the first part of this discussion; I think my mail server went
>comatose. Ryan's reply to Oerjan was the first I'd seen. If so, forgive
my
>ignorance. I've not read any John Ringo novels.
>
>Isn't part of the problem with such 'god'-like beings that you can't be
>certain of their limitations? You don't suppose they could detect the
>different flight characteristics of the various rounds?

They aren't actually gods per say. The structure of the Posleen
societey is that you have small numbers of relatively intelligent and
articulate rulers that provide the genetics for the next generation
of Posleen, most of which are dumb as a post and can only eat, fight
and shoot (crapping is assumed). Some of the lower ranks are slightly
more intelligent and some God Kings cultivate this. They aren't any
more powerful on an individual basis than your horse that's been
cross-bread with a crocodile as far as combat skills, how ever, the
god kings get around on the floating saucer things that are out
fitted with massively powerful weapons.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)

Prev: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures? Next: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?