Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: [FT] Is this what main drives might be?

Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:49:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Posleen/HymnB4Battle Figures?

At 7:09 AM +0100 1/24/03, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

>Exactly *how* good are the Posleen God-Kings in their ZAD role? (I
>haven't had time to read the books, so I don't know.)

If an F-18 breaks the horizon, their life span is measured in
seconds. The posties have direct line of sight KE weapons that will
slag an Abrams from the front. As the book says, "...the God Kings,
whose weapons are automatically targeted and frighteningly accurate.
They;re accurate enough to act as antiaircraft fire against stealth
fighters, for God's sake."

For something like 500 million Posleen in a force, you'll have nearly
5000 God Kings.

>If they're comparable to or better than the THEL (currently under
>development), then any PGM-based ways to kill them are quite
>seriously degraded.

Additionally, anything the God Kings start firing at, their Oolts
will start shooting at. "The Posleen three millimeter railguns go
through Bradleys the long way and about one in ten carry a
hypervelocity missile launcher, which will take out an Abrams with a
frontal hit. Wheile they're 'unaimed,' what the term actually means
is that the weapons don't have sights." "However, the Posleen seem to
be naturals at firing from the hip."

See http://www.baen.com/library/0671318411/0671318411.htm for the
first book in the series on line. You can get it in HTML, RTF, Palm
Rocket Book and MS Reader formats.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)

Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: [FT] Is this what main drives might be?