Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: Stupid Questions (for Jon or anyone else who knows)

Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:56:37 -0500
Subject: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

At 4:23 PM -0800 1/23/03, John Atkinson wrote:

>Maybe your TOCs are really small. . . I symbolize mine
>with 3 APC parked end-to-end.	IRL, they are 4 (S2,
>S3, S4, Commo Section) command vehicles, plus 1 for
>the Fire Support Cell.  Plus maybe 12 or so jeeps.

I figure that a size 3 vehicle with the necessary officers is able to
handle the information load by the 2183 period with huristic learning
computers and AIs to handle the flow of info in and out. The officers
probe the details and make the key decisions that the computers can
collate. The officers also mainly compose rules to guide the
computers in their tasks of routing information.

>Where are you located in the US?  Get in touch with me
>after I get back from the war and I'll see if I can
>work you in on leave.

I'm in Atlanta, Ga. A bit far from Texas (I think that's where you're
at).

>I don't have the figs for 4-5 companies.  I will,
>though.  By the time I get back--I'm leaving Don a
>check to do some purchases for me.  The intent is to
>be able to field a full Klibanophoroi BN Task Force.
>50K points or so.  You up for it?

50K points? I'd have to do a bit of working. I'll double check the
data base and see.

>Really nice hardshell grav jeep.  For wheeled ones I
>use the GHQ HMMWV minis.

Yeah, I've been wanting to get something other than hover craft or
HMMWVs. I might have to scare up some Austin Champs as they're pretty
interesting in themselves as a light utility vehicle. My main force
is mostly a wheeled and tracked force. I also have an OU force that's
entirely grav with some cheaper hover support vehicles.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question Next: Re: Stupid Questions (for Jon or anyone else who knows)