Prev: Re: Search for a book Next: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:35:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> It all depends on the mode of the battle. I tend to
> have a reserve
> force nearby so when you get all those assets on the
> field, ARVs, a
> CEV or two, reserves, C4I and local guards, as well
> as artillery,
> their supply vehicles and a CBR you tend to loose
> the C4I in the mass
> of little figures. Sure, he could walk around and
> count antennas
> (they're modeled) but then I don't play with people
> that do that....

Sounds like that would be identified as the center of
gravity anyway.  I'd be throwing all kinds of assets
into that mix on the premise that anything in that
mess is valuable.

I tend to run with my arty off-board, and only 2-6
mortars on the table.  Engineers are only if needed--I
assume that otherwise they'd be kept fairly far back.

> >issued tanks and expected to be in them--let the XO
> >run the TOC.  You can tell where they are--all
> other
> >tanks are in 4s, these are singles or in pairs.
>
> Btn XO and CO are in the 2 extra TOCs. Co XOs are

XO is in the TOC, BC and BN S3 are in tanks.  A proper
TOC requires so many assets that it's not practical to
duplicate at the BN level.

> don't really model that Co Sgt or XO as a separate
> element unless
> I've got some other element riding herd with one of
> the vehicles.

Company CO and XO are in tanks, the 1st SGT is in an
APC or a jeep.

Btn
> XOs and NCOs or some senior type like them, tend to
> ride herd on the
> ARVs, AEVs/AVLBs, and other similar units in an APC.

My engineers have their own chain of command, and my
ARVs are chopped down to the company--1st SGT may or
may not ride herd on them, depending on what else he
has to do.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Search for a book Next: Re: DSII: Command Unit Question