Prev: Re: unsubscribe Next: Re: [OT]Canberra Firestorm

Re: [OT]Canberra Firestorm

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:56:40 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT]Canberra Firestorm

Hi Alan - glad you live in Downer - I'm on Mount Rogers and the flames
got a
little too close for comfort here, 500m may seem like a lot unless you
can
actually see the flames at that distance - got some great shots of
"Elvis"
though. Tuesday is expected to be a bad one - we'll all stay home and
prepare for the worst - I'm billeting one of my staff whose house was
lost
in Duffy and I had friends staying over after they were evacuated from
Cook
and Hawker - two suburbs from me. Not far really, but there's no where
left
to run....

Brendan, Natalie and Ryan.