Prev: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03 Next: RE: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03

Re: ENLISTMENTS AND CONSCRIPTION

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:07:36 EST
Subject: Re: ENLISTMENTS AND CONSCRIPTION

>IN THE US ARMED FORCES WAY BACK WHEN I WAS IN, AND AS FAR AS I KNOW NOW
>STILL, YOU ARE IN FOR SIX YEARS.
>CONSCRIPTION;  2 YEARS ACTIVE DUTY, 2 YEARS ACTIVE RESERVE DUTY, 2
>INACTIVE RESERVE DUTY  WAS NORMAL IN THE 50S THROUGH THE 70S

Depending on your time in service. Your usually on the hook for 1/2 your

active duty time as "inactive reserve" and eligable for call-up.
(I'm starting year 3 of a 10 year IAR stint for my 21 years in service
:o)

As far as I know there is no active reserve time. Unless you actually
JOIN
the reserves. Once your "out" your on the hook for your IAR and that's
it.

>and finally, there is the  service can be extended as needed for
>personnel due to get out or retire in times of national  need. this
used
>to be done in 12 month whacks.

I think it's down to 6 months or less at a whack. I got "stop-loss"ed
during
Kosovo for about 4 months. They held up my retirement.
(Not that I really minded. I now have a "finished service retirement
date" of
April 1st 2000 :o)

Randy

Prev: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03 Next: RE: UFTWWWP Update: 1-16-03