Prev: Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu Next: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations

downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:42:28 PST
Subject: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

Is nothing classified anymore???

And the drop in level of classification is enough to make you break out
in a sweat.  Hell, they even let them publish stuff about the fringes of
compartmentalization.

<snip>

>I was going to write to Laserlight regarding saying more than was wise
>about ATP 1 vol 2, but since the USN has the data on the web, I won't
>have
>shoot him.

There is always SBU (sensitive but unclassified - "...it's not a secret
but I can't tell you...") which frequently is unclassified but not
something you want the whole world to know (Your Social Security number,
weight and age if distaff, "A + B = X" stuff)

On the WEB?  USN?? Oh great.  Who needs enemies????

Well, to an ex-zoomie ground pounder like me the USN sometimes... never
mind. <grin>

<snip>
>I don't know whether it's my memory that's at fault, or whether these
>have
>been declassified,
>but IIRC both had higher classifications in the past.

Well at least downgraded than declassified perhaps.  I hope.

All the above is hypothetical of course.

Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu Next: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations