Prev: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations Next: Re: WAS: RE: [OT] Sevice, now RANKS, which isn't really OT if you use your imagination...

Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:12:04 -0000
Subject: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations

On 16 Jan 2003 at 8:28, Phillip Atcliffe wrote:

> Are you sure that Lt Gen and General are in the right order? I ask
> because, IIRC, the Pom army (and, supposedly, those who follow their
> practise) has it the other way around, i.e., above Colonel, the order
> goes:
>
> Brigadier
> Major General
> General
> Lieutenant General
> Field Marshal

Sorry, you're wrong. It's Lieutenant General then General in the
British Army. Straight from the horse's mouth:
http://www.army.mod.uk/presscentre/badges/index.htm

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>