Prev: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium Next: Re: [OT] Sevice

Re: [OT] Sevice

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:14:00 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Sevice

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:03:07 -0500, Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Of course, there is this one friend of mine here in Atlanta who's an
>Army Airborne type (an E-5 I think).

Okay, could someone explain, or point to a source that explains, the
whole E-x
system in the US military? I was kind of confused with the S-2, S-3,
etc.
designations in _Band of Brothers_ but the DVD actually explains these.
Now,
what exactly are the various E- ratings? I believe they are ratings for
enlisted men, but what do they represent, and why have an E-number when
you
could have a title?

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium Next: Re: [OT] Sevice