Prev: Re: Operational Game Next: Re: Operational Game

Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:37:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

JohnA said:
> Infrastructure investments are rarely handled well.  I
> mean, if you've got a big military, but crap education
> systems, health care, and other infrastructure, you
> start looking a lot like Iraq.
>
> Oh, and shall we discuss domestic politics?

Actually, one campaign system I saw that looked interesting was for
colonial game where each player is both a British minister *and*  the
commander of a hostile force.  "The Sun Never Sets," I think.  You can
imagine Lord Mutterington (aka the Mahdi of Sudan) and Lord Staybroke
(aka the Zulu king) arguing for more battleships for the RN, the Earl
of Scroop (aka Woo Li of China) holding out for increases to the
Egyptian regiments, etc.

Prev: Re: Operational Game Next: Re: Operational Game