Prev: [OT] Sevice Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:37:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

JohnA said
> Perfection, for me, is unachievable at the Grand
> Strategic level because a grand strategic (gather
> resources, a lot them, build, develop tech, etc)
> simplifies a nation's entire life down to how many
> battleships it can build.  Too simplified to be
> meaningful--in Real Life nations are constrained in
> how much and of what kind of weapons they produce by
> other factors too complex for adequate modelling.

You could arbitrarily say something like "maximum rate of economical
production of B3s is 15 units per year", with extras being allowed at
an increasingly high surcharge.  IIRC the main limitation on building
battleships (for someone--don't recall which nation(s)) was producing
the guns.  Doesn't matter if you can crank out 100 hulls a year, if
you can only arm 10 of them.  Put that kind of limit on several
systems and you have something like the constraint you want.  Of
course, it also gets to be less of a "beer and pretzels" game.
Operations is probably easier.

Prev: [OT] Sevice Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium