Prev: RE: Upping armor (on size 1 vehicles as a start) Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

[DS] Armour on vehicles

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:22:06 +1100
Subject: [DS] Armour on vehicles

On Sunday, January 12, 2003 2:22 AM, Glenn M Wilson
[SMTP:triphibious@juno.com] wrote:
RE: Upping armor (on size 1 vehicles as a start)
> There should be a points cost too I suspect but have not started
> ball-parking those numbers...

I don't think I've posted this before, but I was fiddling back in April
02
when this last came up and drafted the following out roughly.
No testing yet and I recall that I found some bugs in it, but can't
remember
what the problem was.

***
Dirtside III Capacity System

Assumptions:
1 Size Class = 10 CS
Carrying sub-vehicles take 15 x Size class
A vehicle can only carry 1 main weapon per size class.
A vehicle can only fire one type/size of main weapon in a turn, but
multiple
mounts count as a single weapon.
Any number of secondary weapons can be carried, but can only fire one
per
crewman or one multiple mount per crewman.
Crew take 1 CS each (driver + gunners + EW etc)
Passengers take 1 CS each for regular infantry or infantry support
weapon
and 2 CS each for Power Armour.

Armour = 1 CS per armour rating per facing (front, left side, right
side,
rear, top, bottom,), no maximum armour on ground vehicles.  Max 3 on
aerospace/vtol.
Main weapons = 3 x class for first turreted or artillery weapon, 2 x
class
for each other turreted or fixed mount weapon
Secondary weapons = First pintle SAW is free, 1 CS for internally
mounted
weapons
APFC = 1 CS
Ablative or Reactive armour = 1 CS per size class

Mobility cost: no CS required, but cost points, taking into account
speed,
mobility and signature.

ECM: d4 = 0, d6 = 1, d8 = 2, d10 = 3.
PDS: d4 = 1, d6 = 2, d8 = 3, d10 = 4, d12 = 5.
Stealth: 1 CS per size per level of Stealth

Other special systems as per current DS2.

Examples:
MBT
Size Class: 3 [+30], Signature d8
Mobility: Tracked
Armour: [-12] F3/LS2/RS2/T2/B1/R2
ECM:[-2] enhanced d8
Crew: [-3] 3 (Driver, Turret gunner, extra loader/commander)
Main Weapons:[-12]  Turreted HVC/4
Secondary Weapons: [0] 1 pintle SAW
Other Systems:[-1] APFC

Troop Carrier
Size Class: 2 [+20], Signature d10
Mobility: Wheeled
Armour: [-7] F2/LS1/RS1/T1/B1/R1
ECM: [-1] basic d6
Crew: [-2] 2 (Driver and gunner)
Main Weapons: [-5] Turreted RFAC/1 & GMS/L
Secondary Weapons: [0] pintle SAW
Other Systems: [-5] 5 troop spaces

Aerospace Fighter
Mobility: Aerospace
Size Class: 4 [+40], Signature d6
Armour: [-13] F3/LS2/RS2/T1/B3/R2
ECM: [-3] Superior d10
Crew: [-2] 2
Main Weapons: [-20] Fixed twin HEL/3, Fixed Twin GMS/H
Secondary Weapons: [-2] 2 x GMS/P (SAW)
Other Systems: None

Slammers MBT
Size Class: 4, Signature d6
Mobility: GEV
Armour: [-18] F4/LS3/RS3/R3/T3/B2
ECM: [-2] Enhanced d8
Crew [-2] 2
Main Weapon: [-12] Turreted DFFG/4
Secondary Weapons: [-1] turreted PIG
Other Systems: [-5] Superior LAD, APFC

Slammers Combat Car
Size Class: 2, Signature d10
Mobility: GEV
Armour: [-6] F2/LS1/RS1/R1/T0/B1
ECM: [-2] Enhanced d8
Crew [-4] 4
Secondary weapons: [-2] 3 x pintle PIGs
Other Systems: [-5] APFC, Superior LAD

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/

Prev: RE: Upping armor (on size 1 vehicles as a start) Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium