Prev: Re: [OT] Merry Christmas! Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 05:46:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

--- devans@nebraska.edu wrote:

> I was recently re-reading the rules, though I've
> still not had an opponent
> interested in trying it out. Through it and other
> games, I've been trying
> to answer the question: what is necessary for the
> perfect campaign game for
> FTII?

Depends on at what level you want to play.  And how
complex you want to get.

Perfection, for me, is unachievable at the Grand
Strategic level because a grand strategic (gather
resources, alot them, build, develop tech, etc)
simplifies a nation's entire life down to how many
battleships it can build.  Too simplified to be
meaningful--in Real Life nations are constrained in
how much and of what kind of weapons they produce by
other factors too complex for adequate modelling.

An operational level wargame would be fun, as well as
much simpler to model adequately, but I'm the only one
that thinks so.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Merry Christmas! Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium