Prev: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium Next: Re: [OT] Merry Christmas!

Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

From: devans@n...
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:39:23 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

I was recently re-reading the rules, though I've still not had an
opponent
interested in trying it out. Through it and other games, I've been
trying
to answer the question: what is necessary for the perfect campaign game
for
FTII?

However, I must say I'm disappointed that you can play each lower level
without resorting to the next higher one, i.e. playing ship combat
without
doing system or strategic, but not the opposite, as the ship combat
seems
to me the least interesting rule set.

I'm thinking seriously of digging out my earlier version of Imperium, as
must say I like the new versions components, and trying to use the
battle
rules.

Isn't that about what others kvetched?

The_Beast

Prev: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium Next: Re: [OT] Merry Christmas!