Prev: Re: FT Weapon/Defense Archive Update (v3.1) Next: RE: [FT] Enabling "Defense" Scenarios: Eclipsing ships

RE: [FT] Enabling "Defense" Scenarios: Eclipsing ships

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:52:27 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Enabling "Defense" Scenarios: Eclipsing ships

G'day,

> In order to do so, the escort must roll less than or equal to
> its current thrust factor on 1d6 -- so if a ship has done a
> lot of maneuvering on a given turn, it
> is going to have a more difficult time intercepting oncoming fire.

Umm I'm suffering from thick headedness today, but could you please
explain
what you mean? Do you mean remaining unused thrust or just straight
thrust
rating? I'm assuming you mean the former right or do Oerjan-ish thrust 8
ships always pass?

> An escort can protect against any number of attacks, but only
> from a single attacker in any given turn.  Area effect weapons
> cannot be defended against.

Do you mean SMs as well as PBs?

Thanks

Beth

Prev: Re: FT Weapon/Defense Archive Update (v3.1) Next: RE: [FT] Enabling "Defense" Scenarios: Eclipsing ships