Prev: Re: Limits of technology Next: Re: Limits of technology

Re: Limits of technology

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:01:03 +0100
Subject: Re: Limits of technology

John Atkinson wrote:

> >We do. Expendables. Often in artillery shells (why
> >not jam near the source)?
>
>Short-term, I presume?

Sure. But jamming doesn't need to be long-term to be effective - indeed,

vehicle-mounted barrage jammers aren't particularly long-term :-/ Even
short C3 disruptions (a few hours or so) can be quite disastrous if they

prevent you from reacting fast enough to an enemy attack.

> >The Australian armed forces have been doing a LOT of
> >work on GPS jammers, GPS-anti-jammers etc.
> >Exactly what... I don't know and couldn't tell you if
> >I did. But we sell a lot of this stuff to the US.
>
>Somehow I don't see a US-Australian war in my lifetime.

Do you seriously believe that Australia is the only country which has
this
type of artillery-delivered jamming capability? If so, think again.
There
are several other countries who have it too... including some which I
could
see the US fight in our lifetime, and some which would sell this
technology
to countries the US appearently plan to fight in near-time.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Limits of technology Next: Re: Limits of technology