Prev: Re: [OT] Space Combat Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2

Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

From: Symon Cook <Symon@e...>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 00:12:02 +0000
Subject: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

In article <5.1.0.14.1.20021205064612.00a17b30@m1.853.telia.com>, Oerjan
Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> writes

System?

>> >Zero elements.
>>
>>So in a farcical example, if I field one element, it has to have a C/C
>>system? Or if one Infantry element, that element has to have an
emplaced
>>C/C? Not sure I buy either of those.
>
>That's what the rules suggest, yes. If it does not have a C/C system,
it
>suffers the appropriate effects - ie., it can't rally. (Of course it
most
>likely won't *need* to rally either since it will almost inevitably be
>destroyed first,

Sad but true.

> but if it did need to it wouldn't be able to.)

Hmm.

>> >Then it can't rally any of its units.
>>
>>Again, I expect an elite platoon of commando ought to be able to self
>>rally.
>
>Since you can't field elite (Red quality) commandoes in DS2 anyway
without
>using house rules, I don't see this as a very significant problem :-/

As I said, I'm tossing out extreme situations.

>If you want a game where one side has a single platoon of elite troops
and
>nothing else, use SG2 or FMA:Skirmish (to be published Any Year Now
<g>)
>instead - they're much, much better suited to fights that small.

That's not what I'm after to be honest. (Don't have SG2 and I haven't
managed to get the FMA rules either).

No, the reason I ask is that I'm doing an extensive GROPOS -> DSII
conversion, which with the demise of AoG seems particular required.
It's going to have 3 parts. Rules Modifications, Direct Conversion of
the published material, and a heavily amended and recommended section,
which will replace the silly vehicles, technology and other
unsatisfactory aspects of GROPOS.

Naturally, I then intend to make this freely available to interested
parties.
Cheers
--
Symon Cook (founder member of Camros)(The Campaign for Real Operating
Systems).

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Prev: Re: [OT] Space Combat Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2