Prev: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re:Command/Communications Next: Re: [OT] Space Combat

Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re:Command/Communications

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:59:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re:Command/Communications

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> > Nah, we get our Varangians from the ScanFed and
> > dissident Ukrainians.
>
> Some did come from England, historically.  Don't
> recall whether that
> was before or after 1066.

Mostly after.  Originally were 4,000 troublemakers the
Prince of Kiev pawned off on the Roman and thought he
got a good deal.

> > > all).  The friction with RH might be based on
> the
> > > occasional Rus attacks on
> > > Constantinople, and the NRE might also think of
> >
> > Nope.  Try Krum.
>
> Couldn't recall who owns (or	"got stuck with") the
> Balkans.

IMU, the Romanovs get the Orthodox parts, the
Albanians are FSE, and the Croats and Slovenes are
NSL.

Albanians might have gone IFed, but that would require
them to actually take their Islam seriously, and
they'd rather play on their historical connection with
Italy.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re:Command/Communications Next: Re: [OT] Space Combat