Prev: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2 Next: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re:Command/Communications

Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 19:46:22 +0100
Subject: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

Laserlight wrote:

>I think John already claimed the Christian Arabs; the Druze might very
well
>move off on their own but I can't see them building a trading empire
like
>the Phoenicians did.  Ideally you'd want a decadent nation with a good
>naval tradition and a mercantile empire.  Hmm...NRE vs NAC?

Considering that the NRE has very poor relations with the Romanov
Hegemony,
and that the Romanov Hegemony seem to have been one of the NAC's closest

allies throughout the 2nd and 3rd Solar Wars (not sure about the 1st),
an
NAC-NRE war seems quite likely...

...this is one of the bits I don't quite understand in John's NRE
write-up
- the NRE happily (and successfully!) attacks the RH without having its
supposedly good relations with the NAC turn liquid-helium cold, but when

the ESU attacks RH outworld installations the NAC immediately goes to
war
to help the Romanovs?

Later,

Oerjan