Prev: Re: [FT] Mobile mine field(?) suggestions sought Next: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

RE: [FT] Mobile mine field(?) suggestions sought

From: devans@n...
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:51:23 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Mobile mine field(?) suggestions sought

>Model it as a large amorphous organic being - the field is a certain
size
and density and the whole field moves to try to place the target into
the
>center of the being.  Once the target is in the center, it is attacked
by
mines until destroyed.

>Give the field a sensor range and a move rate, then a number of attacks
based on density.

>You can then vary minefields by size, density, move rate, attack rate
and
sensor capability.

I was thinking of individual 'mines', but I'll give this a look, maybe
with
the field broken into sectors, each being an organelle. Might give me
the
effect of concentrating if you aren't scooting through the battle area.

The_Beast