Prev: RE: Digital Photo Experiment #1 Next: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

RE: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:35:07 +1100
Subject: RE: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

G'day,

> Yah, yah...been busy of late...I've gotten wise,
> y'see -- anything marked OT goes right in the trash, and no
> tempting me!

The reason I threw your name into the subject line... harder to resist
that
way ;)

> Haven't done diddly with the Pantropists, sadly....

That is sad, though I do take your point.

> Even Stargrunt, they're not skilled or disciplined enough to
> go up against a standard military force.

I wouldn't let that stop you. You could either run them as small elite
bands, if they're using their natural skills they may well be a heck of
lot more honed than standard humans are. Alternatively you could go for
larger more fluid mobs. If you also said they had some natural weaponry,
like bombardier beetles, spitting snakes, skunks etc do then they could
at
least have short range fire ability if you didn't want a completely
hand-to-hand force.

> FMA Skirmish, on the other hand....

Oh yeah I agree!!!

> The first is a bunch of, well, animals.  I have these
> wonderful old Ral Partha Psions, which look like
> some of Wayne Barlowe's creations...

Cool. I think they're the ones I remember you writing about originally
(?)

> (as an aside, Barlowe's _Exipedition_ is an AMAZING depiction
> of a very alien acology.  Well thought-out,
> beautifully painted, and well worth purchasing if you can still find
it.)

I'll have to start looking ;)

> The other option is for bulky powered armor, to go for that Vorlon
> Encounter Suit vibe.	For that, I think that Eureka's "Retro
> Powered Armor" would work very well indeed.

That sounds like a really great thought! Mmmmm now that sets me a
thinking... and so close to Christmas too ;)

> In the end, I think that I'll probably combine the two for the best
> possible variety of figures.	That end, sadly, is a long way
> off right now.

Would you could do in the interim is just bring everything you've got...
the
locals could just be from many habitats (look at the range her on Earth)
or
they may have called in reinforcements.

Sounds like its gonna be fun when you get the chance ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: Digital Photo Experiment #1 Next: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists