Prev: RE: Digital Photo Experiment #1 Next: Suffren vs Hughes

Re: Digital Photo Experiment #1

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 11:43:42 -0600
Subject: Re: Digital Photo Experiment #1

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:33:55 -0600, "Mark A. Siefer"
<siefertma@wi.rr.com>
wrote:

>Hey all:
>
>Since I want to use the camera to photograph my
>minis, I tried some tests with a few of my figs to see how they would
turn
>out.  Here are the results.
>
>http://homegame.org/siefert/photo.htm
>
>Let me know what you guys think.

Not bad, Mark. Your UNSC marines are underexposed, but the other
pictures look
good. Your painting is very good!

If you need a light source, I suggest that you look into getting
photography
lamps (if doing this a lot) or photographing outside. You can pay a
_lot_ for
photo lamps; mine were made for about C$50. It consists of a regular
light
socket, an aluminum shade that screws onto it, and the socket itself
attaches
to a standard tripod (though you can buy inexpensive tripods for
lights). The
lamps are expensive, at about $5 a light bulb that lasts 3 hours (make
sure to
turn them off when not using) but the results are excellent.

One other thing... your e-mail is going out with your name listed as
"Mark A.
Siefer". Is this deliberate, or did the "t" on the end get truncated or
left
off?

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: RE: Digital Photo Experiment #1 Next: Suffren vs Hughes