Prev: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists Next: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 22:08:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [FH] Pantropists and John Crimmins was ecofundamentalists

At 12:51 PM 11/17/02 +1100, you wrote:
>G'day,
>
>>"Pantropists" is what  I was looking for.
>>
>>John Crimmins is the guilty party
>>http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200110/msg01265.html
>
>Yep they're the ones (I have such an awful memory for names!). I was
just
>wondering of John C had taken them any further, he did talk about some
>mini's I think. Still out there John?

Yah, yah...been busy of late (working on a scenario for GZGECC, among
other
things), and the list has been going largely unread.  I've gotten wise,
y'see -- anything marked OT goes right in the trash, and no tempting me!

Haven't done diddly with the Pantropists, sadly.  Still want to, but I
need
to find their niche...gaming wise, I mean.  Unlike my other undeveloped
idea, the Hanseatic League, they don't fit very well into standard
games.

They have no armor, and thus don't fit into Dirtside.  Their ships are
not,
to say the least, up to military standards...so they'd be slaughtered in
Full Thrust.

Even Stargrunt, they're not skilled or disciplined enough to go up
against
a standard military force.

FMA Skirmish, on the other hand....  Well, that's another story.  Pit
'em
against security guards, cops, and assorted civilians, and then you'd
have
something gameable.  They've got excellent morale (being a bunch of
fanatics, and all), so-so skills, and fair-to middling weapons.  I'm
thinking a lot of Greens, a few regulars, and one or two Vets to keep
things organized...all with motivation levels of 1 or 2.

Figures, there's two options:

The first is a bunch of, well, animals.  I have these wonderful old Ral
Partha Psions, which look like some of Wayne Barlowe's creations...

(as an aside, Barlowe's _Exipedition_ is an AMAZING depiction of a very
alien acology.	Well thought-out, beautifully painted, and well worth
purchasing if you can still find it.)

...and they'd work for Pantropists designed to live on an alien world.

The other option is for bulky powered armor, to go for that Vorlon
Encounter Suit vibe.  For that, I think that Eureka's "Retro Powered
Armor"
would work very well indeed.  Just got my hands on an example, and I
love it.

In the end, I think that I'll probably combine the two for the best
possible variety of figures.  That end, sadly, is a long way off right
now.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com