Prev: Re: Seriously [OT] Fundamentalists in general Next: RE: Veering [OT] Fundamentalists in general, was RE: [FH] ecofund amentalists was RE: [FH] World maps

[OTSunspots was: World maps

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:54:12 +0100
Subject: [OTSunspots was: World maps

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 7:07 AM
Subject: RE: [FH] World maps

> Alan Brain wrote:
>
> >Anyway (and on-topic) have you seen some of the correlation graphs
between
> >rise in global temperature and interval between sunspot maxima? If
they're
> >reliable, it appears that any human-caused change is (so far) too
small
to be
> >measureable.
> >
> >See http://www.irfl.lu.se/HeliosHome/solaractivitytemp.html
>
> The local newsies picked this up a couple of years ago, but this is
the
> first time I've seen it on the web.

The graph is from 1991. Some newer or more detailed papers are here:
http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/solar/lassen1.html
http://solar-center.stanford.edu/sun-on-earth/varsun.html
Most interesting are the data on the following page, which extends
observations to the year 2000:
http://dmiweb.dmi.dk/fsweb/solarterrestrial/sunclimate/welcome.shtml
While solar activity has dropped in the last decade, temperatures have
continued to rise, which doesn't fit that theory.
Back to the drawing board for the sunspot theories, I guess.

Greetings
Karl Heinz