Prev: RE: [FH] Another NAC breakaway and world maps Next: RE: UNSC pics

RE: [FH] World maps

From: "Alan E Brain"<aebrain@w...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:30:11 +1000
Subject: RE: [FH] World maps

Beth wrote thus:

>Failing that I will finally get some holiday time in early January -
thought

>after 5 yrs without one I don't doubt many tasks I've been avoiding,
like
>unpacking "my boxes" from our last move 4 years ago, will fall at my
feet ;)

I have some stuff still packed from our move from Germany in 1993..

Anyway (and on-topic) have you seen some of the correlation graphs
between rise
in global temperature and interval between sunspot maxima? If they're
reliable,
it appears that any human-caused change is (so far) too small to be
measureable.

See http://www.irfl.lu.se/HeliosHome/solaractivitytemp.html

Bad News if true - the change (about 0.5 degree/century) can't be
counter-acted
by anything we can do (finely manipulating the internals of the sun
isn't within
our capability yet). We also don't have any idea how long the change
will last
for.

Then there's the possibility of a reversal in the Earth's magnetic
polarity
in the not-too-distant future. Any guesses as to how this will affect
the biosphere?

Prev: RE: [FH] Another NAC breakaway and world maps Next: RE: UNSC pics