Prev: Re: Evacuated Tube Transport Next: Re: [SG] Bounding movement

Re: [SG] Bounding advance

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:08:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] Bounding advance

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 04:28:33 -0500, "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
wrote:

>I have heard it said that the Paras tried this
>in the Falklands, and subsequent review
>found this pace of advance to slow (the
>cover benefits were offset by the length of
>time you spent under enemy guns)

Then it sounds as though the rules already handle this, as I already
mentioned. It's covered in the ability to move and fire in the same turn
with
two different actions. The problem is that you are moving a full 6"
move. You
could just move the moving unit 2" and stop. With this, the moving unit
doesn't get that far away from the firing unit.

This will result in the bounding group being slower to move than a
non-bounding opponent. This would represent fatigue and the slower
bounding
system. The house rule you suggested wouldn't have this effect.

Try just moving small amounts instead of moving the full 6" of available
movement. Tie this in to "stealth movement" to make the bounding unit
harder
to see.

As for modern training, TLC has been running programmes showing modern
US
training (Marines and Army mostly). They showed soldiers being trained
in
exactly what you described, down to them yelling (and later, as they got
more
tired, muttering under their breath) essentially the same mneumonic.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Evacuated Tube Transport Next: Re: [SG] Bounding movement