Prev: Re: [SG] Bounding movement Next: Re: [SG] Bounding movement

RE: [SG] Bounding advance

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:44:52 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] Bounding advance

Tony sagely wrote:
>I would add the following clarifications:
> - Both units perform a fire action immediately.

Alternately, you could roll off and see who fires first--depends on your
house rules for OW, but I'd suggest something like "if X>2Y, X fires
first"
or "if X-Y>2, X fires first".  I thought about "always simultaneous",
but
what happens if a Green unit is advancing and a Red squad ambushes them?

Wouldn't the Reds have at least a chance to fire first?

> - The leapfrogging unit fires with half its
firepower(since the unit is split between moving
and covering troops - this also has implications for play
balance)

That's what I was going to suggest initially but I figured the moving
team
is only going to be moving for 3-5 seconds at a time anyway, and the
turn
is several minutes long.  Perhaps play balance would be adequately
addressed by:
a. these guys are only making one movement instead of two
b. they can't fire on just anyone, has to be previously unknown or a
unit
who fires on them
c. both sides can use this

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [SG] Bounding movement Next: Re: [SG] Bounding movement