Prev: Re: Numerous bits Next: Re: [SG2] PBEM AAR - Valley of Death - Report - 5 of 5

Re: Any other PBEM games going on?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:14:47 -0600
Subject: Re: Any other PBEM games going on?

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:28:21 +0000, "Joe Ross" <ft4breedn@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Are there any games going on, and how do I find out about them and
possibly
>listen in?

I am planning to run another SG2 game fairly soon. I have Excel down now
that
a lot of the game is automated.

I will make the next game available to onlookers as well as players. I
kind of
fell into this one. Roger and Chris wanted to play a game and they both
came
to me to referee because of how well I know the rules. It was a fair bit
of
work, but I enjoyed it. I'm trying to decide on my next scenario. I have
vehicle rules I want to test out, but I don't know how long it will be
to get
them into playtest shape. I think I'll just do another vanilla SG2 game.

I would make the Excel spreadsheet available for general use, but there
are
some bugs in Excel that annoy me. The biggest is that labels for a chart
get
changed when you unhide a row on a spreadsheet. This meant that when a
unit
became visible to another player I had to manually redo all the labels
for
that side for the other player's map. This bug, I believe, is fixed in
Service
Release 2 of Excel 97. Unfortunately, for reasons I won't go into, I
can't get
up to that version until I reinstall Word (yes, Word, not Excel). That
involves digging through my pile of boxes in the storage locker...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Numerous bits Next: Re: [SG2] PBEM AAR - Valley of Death - Report - 5 of 5