Prev: RE: [SG] Smoke Next: Re: [SG] Smoke

Re: [SG] Smoke

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:10:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Smoke

At 12:54 PM -0500 10/30/02, Yves Lefebvre wrote:

>It might be OK to allow smoke to be fired when suppressed. However, I
think
>you should have penality for each suppression marker. Maybe something
like
>TL = # of suppression? Else, I think it is too powerfull : With
>reactivation, a squad with 3 suppression could use one action to put
smoke,
>and the 3 other to try removing suppression without fear of getting new
>one. A roll will make the above more difficult to pull out.

Tossing a smoke grenade from cover isn't hard. Getting it do do what
you need, is a bit more tricky. There's probably some time to add
after the smoke is thrown to allow for the cloud to bloom. A minute
of time allows a good sized smoke bomb to start acting and blooming,
but that 60 seconds is a long time in combat.

>Also, will it make sense to have a roll to do even when not suppressed?
>(especially if you consider poping smoke not a firing action).

Perhaps a quality test to make sure that the suppressed team is able
to use the smoke effectively? After all, you'd expect veterans to be
able to react to the fire better and throw the smoke in the axis of
attack and where they'll be wanting to maneuver to. Greens on the
other hand, might throw it the wrong direction and have to pop
another one to make up when they realize the wind is blowing the
wrong direction for where the smoke grenade landed.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: [SG] Smoke Next: Re: [SG] Smoke