Prev: Re: [SG] Smoke Next: RE: [SG] Smoke

Re: [SG] Smoke

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:23:06 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Smoke

At 4:39 PM +0000 10/30/02, Richard Kirke wrote:

>That sounds like a pretty sensible interpretation. What's wrong, not
>getting enough space?
>
>How would 22nd century infantry deploy smoke? Does the platoon have
>an equivalent of the 2" mortar? Or would everyone just throw
>grenades? Maybe from their rifle's GL?

I dunno, a small ball that one can chuck seems likely.

>How effective a smoke screen could they deploy? Would it simply stop
>anyone firing at them? Or would suppresions still be possible?

Theoretically the effect on the suppression should be how much it
impacts the firing unit's fire effectiveness. If they have some kind
of mechanism of seeing through the smoke, then they probably won't
falter in their fire accuracy. But if they can't see crap, they might
have a harder time putting fire where people are near and thus not be
able to maintain the suppression come next turn.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [SG] Smoke Next: RE: [SG] Smoke