Prev: Re: Mixed combat units Next: Re: FH: FTL communication et al

Re: [OT}The Shah of Iran was: Mixed combat units

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:14:20 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT}The Shah of Iran was: Mixed combat units

At 8:00 AM +0100 10/29/02, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:
>Everybody please pardon for picking up an off-topic subject...
>
>Ryan paints an extremely optimistic view of the Shah of Iran's rule.
It's
>equally, if not more, plausible, to draw quite a different picture.

Karl, go back about 40-60 more years before the time you are thinking
about (the Shah's father and Grandfather). Jews had status in the
society that wasn't 2nd class. They were accepted and encouraged. The
King and ruling class saw jewish bankers and other family run
businesses as a good thing and not a problem for their society.

No. Its sometimes how things work out with a strong monarch. It's not
by any means a given. However, the Mobocracy that followed the Shah
and the Theocracy that immediately followed that wasn't any kind of
improvement.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)

Prev: Re: Mixed combat units Next: Re: FH: FTL communication et al