Prev: Re: [SG] Mixed combat units Next: Re: Ping

Re: [SG2] 15mm Gallery

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:43:58 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG2] 15mm Gallery

Brian Burger wrote:

>Tony, do you have any pics of the spaceships from that game?
>
>There seem to be three shuttles/something on very tall flying stands,
and
>then two on the ground, including a massive black ship. Do you still
have
>any of these models?

None of the spaceships wre built by me, but I know where most of them
came from :

The three shuttles are Imai Eagles from Space 1999
(http://space1999.tv-toys.co.uk/imai-eagle.htm) painted in not-Space
Marine blue. Reasonably priced back in 1990 when they were still in
production, hideously expensive now - but perfect for 15mm at 1/110th
scale.

The big black ship was made by fellow Brigadier Phil Richards from two
Red October submarine hulls glued side-by-side, with a scratchbuilt
cockpit (mostly transparent and fully detailed inside with crew, etc).

The final vessel is of unknown origin - I believe it's a very old Airfix

kit that Phil had in his youth and resurrected for the game.

I will endeavour to get hold of and photograph examples of these when I
can and add them to the gallery page.

Tony
(whose lack-of-messages problem is obviously now solved !)

Prev: Re: [SG] Mixed combat units Next: Re: Ping