Prev: Re: Mixed combat units Next: Re: Mixed combat units

Re: Mixed combat units

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:02:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Mixed combat units

At 10:51 AM -0800 10/28/02, John Leary wrote:

>It would depend on just how 'Islamic' the Islamic
>Federation really is.	 Is it a 'Taliban' culture,
>where women cannot read?   Is it an Iran culture
>with more freedom?   Is it an Indonesia with
>more western influence?   Or is it a mixture
>of all three?

I can't see there being one Islamic culture *perod*. I have to wonder
given that Iran went through a golden age earlier last century where
they had an extremely egalitarian form. Sadly this all went away with
the rise of the religious state. A strong and just king was required
to have such a culture of open-ness. One has to wonder if some
nations like Malaysia or Morroco would become more open and just than
say what the IF is seen to be in the theoretical future. Islamic
culture does have a place for egalitarian forms and protocols, it's
just not predominantly likely with the current trend in politics.

>      This gives a wide choice to the gamer, but
>can also provide problems is the 'all three'
>option is chosen.   Just how would a 'Taliban'
>squadron do when it joins a 'Indonesian' fleet?

The same way they do now? Trust based on familial assocations and
alligences
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Mixed combat units Next: Re: Mixed combat units