Prev: Re: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner Next: [SG] Smoke

Re: Camouflage nets, mixed combat units, etc.

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:23:01 -0600
Subject: Re: Camouflage nets, mixed combat units, etc.

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:47:50 -0500, kaladorn@magma.ca wrote:

>Japan (perhaps not?)

I have GZG Japanese figures. There is a female officer figure, a female
trooper figure, and an obviously female figure holding (not wearing) her
helmet. This latter one has her hair in a poney tails. I painted up 4 of
these
with black hair, one with red, and one as a blonde ala Sailor Moon. *L*

So, yes, most definitely male/female mixed in the Japanese forces.
Historically there were female samurai. The naginata was considered a
"female
weapon", but without the negative conotation you'd find in Western
culture
using that term. It was considered a "female weapon" because it gave a
woman
an even chance against a male combatant.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner Next: [SG] Smoke