Prev: RE: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner Next: Re: Mixed combat units, etc.

Re: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:29:01 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 05:02:01AM -0600, devans@nebraska.edu wrote:

>You'll have to check the archives, but I'm fairly certain that most
folks
>think not-FTL ships aren't a great bargain, especially if you need
>tug/carriers to transport.

Quick example: the Vandenburg heavy cruiser. Current cost: 261 points.
Cost with the FTL drive removed and the spaceframe shrunk (but the same
number of hull boxes): 221 points (now mass 67). Saving: 40 points. Cost
of a minimal mass-18 tug which can FTL-tow mass 67: 54 points. 14 more
points, less tactical flexibility...

However, if you use Oerjan's revised hull costs - TMF^2/100 rather than
TMF - the basic Vandenburg is 245 points, the STL Vandenburg is 199
(saving 46), and the tug costs 39. So it starts to look doable.

Roger

Prev: RE: [SG,DS,FH] unit composition and camouflage [and] ...cometary's corner Next: Re: Mixed combat units, etc.