Prev: Re: [SGII][WW2] Artillery was: Here we go again. Next: RE: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

RE: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:52:57 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

On Wednesday, October 23, 2002 1:28 AM, Allan Goodall
[SMTP:agoodall@hyperbear.com] wrote:
> No, my suggestion of rolling the barrels independently was only
against
> aircraft or any other vehicle! The reason is that if you roll each
barrel
> together against vehicles you get weird things happening. You will
more
than
> likely get major hits (which doubles the impact of the weapon) and
then
how do
> you resolve impact? Take the impact roll, multiply it per barrel, and
then
> double that?
>
> For example, you have, say, a D12 impact on your guns. D12 impact
won't do
> much good against 5D12 armour. But, with a quad mount, you'd be
rolling QD
+
> FC + FC + FC + FC. That's probably 5D8 versus whatever range die.
You're
very
> likely to get a major hit. Then, you'd be rolling 8D12 against the
armour.
Not
> very realistic for a D12 impact weapon to shred a main battle tank.
>
> Against a single vehicle, I would resolve the impact individually,
> representing the chance of each barrel hitting and doing damage.

For vehicles you're trading off greater chance of a hit against the
damage.

So the above example would roll QD + 4*FC; damage would be: minor hit
1d12*,
major hit 2d12*.
Also the fact that unless the gun is a point-fire weapon, it cannot
affect
any vehicle with armour greater than 1 anyway (which a 50 cal is
unlikely to
qualify for).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/

Prev: Re: [SGII][WW2] Artillery was: Here we go again. Next: RE: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track