Prev: Re: [SG] Maisto Vehicles Next: Re: [SG] Maisto Vehicles

Re: WW2 weapons

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:44:21 -0500
Subject: Re: WW2 weapons

On 20 Oct 2002 19:55:34 +0200, Claus Paludan <cpaludan@worldonline.dk>
wrote:

>Yes, what striked me was that theres was "paying" rules for
constructing
>your vehicles with multiple weapons, but nothing about firing them
later
>on.

In my own house rules I allow the firing of multiple weapon mounts on a
vehicle. I don't specifically state this as a "rule" on my web page, but
scenario (and soon to be two scenarios) allow it. I have the GZG VTOL
25mm
resin vehicles, and these have two guns, two missile packs and an RFAC.
allow a single action to fire both weapons of the same type. The two
guns (I
usually have them as GACs), or the two GMS/Hs, or the single RFAC. This
gives
the VTOL a reason for the weapons it mounts. A player can either fire
both of
a dual mount weapon at a single target, or fire one at one target on the
first
action, and fire the second on the same or different target with the
second
action.

In your case, I'd allow all 4 weapons to fire at once.

Now, with my rules I typically handle things a little differently for
"support" weapons and larger weapons. Tom suggests rolling QD + 4 FC or
FP
dice, depending on the weapon.

For things like GACs and large weapons, I typically allow 1 roll per
mount of
QD + FCD. In the case of my VTOL, this means that the player is making
two
attacks with both GACs, so it has the chance of hitting with one and not
the
other (I suppose what I really _should_ do is roll one QD and have the
Firecon
Dice rolled separately).

However, I also have Kryomek Grav/GEV vehicles I use as APCs. These have
twin
mounted rotary cannons/MGs. For these firing, I've always allowed QD +
FP Die
+ FP Die. This is what I'd allow for your quad guns in a machine
gun-like
setting. If you were firing your quad at a fast moving aircraft, I'd
probably
more likely allow 4 QD + FCD rolls.

>Yes, I remember the scene from SPR where they turn the twin 20mm gun
>against the soldiers climbing on the tank - one of them sorta
>disintegrates.. would have been even worse if a flakvierling was firing
>at them ;)

That's exactly the image I had...

>Yes, that might be a way to do it - but it would still be difficult to
>hit anything, considering the fact that we still roll with a D4 as FCD,
>but then again, we can just shift the die one or two times up if the
gun
>seems to have no effect.

You can treat them as a machine gun, like the dual rotary MGs/cannons on
my
grav APCs. This would allow you to roll QD + D12 + D12 + D12 + D12
(assuming
D12 Firepower). Okay, so maybe the firepower should even be higher than
a D12
to be totally realistic, but it would give you a reasonable effect. On
average
you'd roll something like 30 points total divided by the range die.

Oh, and be sure to treat these as terror weapons! Any unit of Regular
and
below have to test versus panic when fired on by this gun.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: [SG] Maisto Vehicles Next: Re: [SG] Maisto Vehicles