Prev: RE: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again. Next: Re: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again.

RE: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again.

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:25:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again.

My take on this issue is that the idea isn't to make
every bullet count, the idea is too use the immense
firepower of say, a quad .50 to supress the enemy
until flanking fire can be brought to bear. The issue
of 20mm+ multiple mounts is different altogether, snce
they can and will fire HE projectiles. One 20mm HE
wont do much, it might hit the wrong side of a small
tree or fly past, but four such projectiles, fired at
a rate of about 450 rpm, is bound to cause havoc in a
manner completely different from an MG.
Then there might be some more losses.

I have no idea wht this can be made up into in game
terms, but I just felt like I had to throw my $0.02
into this... :)

Now, feel free to expertize this to shreds. I like
getting my opinions thrown overboard. :)

-----original message very snipped-------

> Yes and no.  The Maxton mount has 4 .50 caliber
> MG's, two per side.  The operator sits between the
> guns.  There is about 2 1/2 feet between the guns -
> enough for a person to fit between.  If you slide
> the mount a little left or right, then only 2 guns
> are on a human-sized target, the other two are
> hitting just to the left or right of the target.  If
> the guns are harmonized (i.e. cross their fire) at a
> certain range, then anything short of that range
> will probably get hit by all 4, but anything much
> past the harmonizing range will be missed by all 4.

http://faith.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again. Next: Re: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again.