Prev: Re: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again. Next: RE: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again.

RE: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again.

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@w...>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 21:47:57 +0200
Subject: RE: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again.

fre, 2002-10-18 kl. 21:11 skrev B Lin:
> The issue with multiple mounts of MG's and light cannon is mass- a
single guy can swing a .50 caliber on a pintle mount with reasonable
accuracy.  Twin mounts and larger require some sort of mechanical
traverse mechanism, these are usually electrical in nature.  Most are
fast tracking mounts (as fast as 90 degrees per second) but trade off
speed for accuracy.  It would be difficult to traverse in really small
increments (1 degree or less) since just tapping on the traverse pedal
would probably slide the mount across 3-4 degrees of arc.  In addition,
most multiple mounts in WW2 are used in an AA role and their sights are
built accordingly (i.e. used for tracking fast, large targets hundreds
or thousands of yards away), not for guys laying prone 100 yards away.

We probably won't use them very much, but I like to be prepared for the
odd player that turns a twin 20mm gun against incomming infantry ;)

--
Mvh
Claus Paludan

Prev: Re: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again. Next: RE: [SGII][WW2] Here we go again.