Prev: Re: [RIP] Steven Ambrose Next: Re: [FT/DS] Re: planetary invasion games.

[FT/DS] Re: planetary invasion games.

From: devans@n...
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:23:33 -0500
Subject: [FT/DS] Re: planetary invasion games.

Imperium has interstellar/space battle/planetary hierarchy, but it
sounds
like you'd have to do some fiddling to get the level for which you're
looking. Renegade Legion's Prefect used larger planetary maps which
might
be closer in scale.

I showed some folks at GenCon a nascient idea I have for a planetary
assault board, but they were mostly cool to it. These are fairly large,
poster-sized sheets I created while I was cogitating the idea
simultanously
with trying to learn how to use our plotter. I'm planning on shipping it
stuffed in with some promised, in many cases long overdue, items to some
list members.

Oh, yeah, you know who you are... ;->=

However, I don't know how useful you'd find it; it depends on both PSB
and
PP(olitical)B that's related to some of the FTFH. Also, it uses a
non-rectangular, psuedo-'Bucky Fuller' globe, not unlike the Ren Leg
game.
And, in the final analysis, it's an idea, not a developed game.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [RIP] Steven Ambrose Next: Re: [FT/DS] Re: planetary invasion games.