Prev: Re: Cloaks & Subs (close enough) was Re: Fleet structure Next: Re: Roco minitanks

Re: Cloaks & Subs (close enough) was Re: Fleet structure

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:40:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Cloaks & Subs (close enough) was Re: Fleet structure

<dwalker@syncretic.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I hear what you're saying and while I agree it isn't the same I think
> >it's close enough to be a playable simulation as it stands --
especially
> >when looking at the rest of FT as a baseline.
>
> See my reply in the other thread. I remember working out three or four
other
> ways of handling cloaks that worked better than the More Thrust rules.

I'd be interested in those ideas as well.  With FTJava implementing a
more
general set of fog-of-war rules, I can try different sets of cloaking
ideas.
It's not high on my list of priorities, but it would make for some
challenging
games.

Jon

Prev: Re: Cloaks & Subs (close enough) was Re: Fleet structure Next: Re: Roco minitanks