Prev: Fleet structure Next: RE: Life out there?

RE: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:22:55 -0400
Subject: RE: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

At 10:00 AM 10/9/02 +1100, you wrote:

>> Special Rules:  The Grays are not suppressed by enemy fire
>> *unless* one of more members of a squad is actually hit...
>> Grays can only have a single Suppression marker at a
>> time...A Suppressed Gray unit *must* spend its first action
>> to make a combat move away from the attacker(s) and (if
>> possible) into cover.  Doing so removes the Suppression
>> marker, and the unit may now act normally on its second action.
>
>This could make them very tough, just keep an eye on whether they're
getting
>too much of a benefit out of this.

That's my concern, yes.  Forcing them to flee will slow them down nearly
as
much as pinning them down will, but the inability to create multiple
supressions might outweigh that.

>> The scenario will be a simple one: the NSL will have 10 men
>> defending a cruise missile base
>> against twice that number of Grays....
>> Increase the number of defenders?
>> I'd prefer to have some more
>> attackers, but I've only got 20 Grays painted....
>
>Given the changes you've made the defenses the NSL are sitting behind
would
>want to be pretty good. I'd probably start with 10, but have a
"reserve"
>deeper into the complex which could appear as reinforcements should the
>aliens prove to be getting too all too easy ;)

Ah, the old "Reinforcements?  Of course I planned on reinforcements; I,
*ahem*, knew that you guys were going to get slaughtered by the aliens!"
trick.	It's a good one, innit?

Thanks for the input!

And thank you for these, as well.  One other thing: whose figures do you
use?  I picked up a bunch of Lance and Laser Greys, but I'm thinking of
adding to my collection at some point.	Lord knows, they were easy
enough
to paint....

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Fleet structure Next: RE: Life out there?