Prev: Ship Drawings Next: Re: Figure questions; Advisce requested

Re: Figure questions; Advisce requested

From: Andrew Duryea <aduryealist@y...>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:15:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Figure questions; Advisce requested

Hail from Michigan, fellow Yank.  Here's a "locals"
advice.

> 25mm(or thereabouts)

Try I-Kore's Void range, specifically Viridian
troops/assault armor.  The early stuff was good, it
has become more "cinematic" as time has gone on.  I
think this range may be "true" 25mm, so they are a
little small in comparison to most "heroic scale"
minis.

If you can find any of the old FASA Vor Union troops,
these guys make great near-future troops.

> and 1:300 scale for figures for
> their budding
> collections.

The aforementioned Adler Darkstar range is good and
available through www.historicalminiatures.com.  Small
range, great minis.

Scotia micro-armor is available in the States through
Simtac (www.simtac.net)  Their online store has been
down since April (ominous,) but you can download a
catalog from their site.  Secondhand reports say a lot
of the "hovertanks" are simply filed down tracked
tanks.

Irregular's 6mm minis are available through Silver
Eagle Wargame Supplies
(hometown.aol.com/eaglewars/private/sews.html).  No
direct experience with the minis, secondhand says the
quality matches the company name.

For your Ogre fans, Steve Jackson has Ogre universe
minis.	The inf. are about the size of GZG NSL power
armor, but they are proportioned like normal humans.
They may look a little strange in comparison.  Decent
quality, but not very economical in this scale.
High-tech Grav enthusiasts? EBay has some of the old
Renegade Legion plastic cohorts right now (54 tanks
for $15-20, how can you go wrong?)  Picked up 3
cohorts myself yesterday for a BIG Kra'Vak force.

Additional sources of info:
  www.theminiaturespage.com:  use his "old miniatures
directory" for the 6mm sci-fi.	I mentioned most of
the U.S. stuff there.  There's also a host of 25mm I
didn't touch.
  www.newwavegames.com:  Lots of 25mm minis.  Mixed
experiences ordering from this site, I just use it as
a catalog these days.

Additional tips:
As mentioned earlier, most moderns (even some WW2)
will work fine in SG2/DS2 (I prefer sci-fi myself.)
Ordering from the GZG store ain't all that bad,
especially if you get a group together and buy in
bulk.  With the October deals going on, you should
seriously consider it.
Good luck!
-Andrew

http://faith.yahoo.com

Prev: Ship Drawings Next: Re: Figure questions; Advisce requested