Prev: RE: Figure questions; Advisce requested Next: Re: IJSF (was Re: AAR)

Re: IJSF (was Re: AAR)

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 02:23:26 +0100
Subject: Re: IJSF (was Re: AAR)

----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 1:55 PM
Subject: IJSF (was Re: AAR)

> On or about Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 01:45:43PM +0100, Roger Burton West
typed:

> >Because I'm also using a new version of the wave gun. Basically, if
you
> >go with lots of SMRs (SMR-ERs on the carriers), about 3-4 more
fighter
> >bays than you think is sane, and fill up the rest with B4-1s and
> >submunitions (compromising on hull integrity), you'll have pretty
much
> >what I'm fiddling with.
>
> Oh, and I should have said: don't play under current rules, because
it's
> a serious cheese-fleet that way (the fighters can swamp most
defences).
> That's the other reason my designs aren't out there.
>
> Roger

My IJN in space is more "WW2+anime" - I use this as a design guideline:
"A fleet doctrine for GZG Japanese starships in vector FT, FB2

1) Most ships have a powerful "spinal" 1-arc weapons group. Spinal
weapons
are B-3 for BBs and BCs, B-4 for BDNs and SDNs
2) Most ships have no PDS, using numerous B-1s instead.
3) PDS with ADFC are found on specialized escorts.
4) Fighters are mostly on specialized carriers. Some cruisers are
fighter-capable.
5) Most ships have at least one SM system.
6) Carriers, cruisers and smaller can have weak hulls. Larger ships have
"Strong" combination of hull and armour (i.e. initial plan for Hull and
Armour to total 40% of the mass).
7) Mobility of heavy units is moderate. DDs and cruisers can be fast."

e.g.
Type:	BDN (GZG FT1311) Class:   Musashi
TMF:  184      Hull Integrity:	65  NPV:  610
Armament:  4 B-4/1 arc, 12 B-1/6 arc, 2 SMR-MR
Defences:  Armour-9
Drives:  FTL; Thrust-4
Sensors:  3 FCS
Displacement:  18400 tonnes  Crew:   184 (CF=10)
Current ships: 1 "Katsuragi"

Type:	BB (GZG FT1310) Class:	 Yamato
TMF:  124      Hull Integrity:	40  NPV:  413
Armament:    5 B-3/1 arc; 11 B1/6 arc; 1 SMR-MR
Defences:  Armour-9
Drives:  FTL, Thrust-4
Sensors:  3 FCS
Displacement:  12400 tonnes  Crew:   124 (CF=7)
Current ships: 2 "Fuso, Tosa"

Rob Paul

Prev: RE: Figure questions; Advisce requested Next: Re: IJSF (was Re: AAR)