Prev: RE: Mine Probing Next: Re: AAR

RE: Mine Probing

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 01:07:36 -0500
Subject: RE: Mine Probing

>- --- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>
>>G'day,
>>
>>Another question while we're on the topic of mines.
>>Can any current (or
>>potential future) mine types explode when something
>>is just within x radius
>>instead of right on top?
>>

>Sure.	How do you want to do it?  Vibration, acoustic,
>magnetic, tripwire, IR are the easiest types.	You
>could get more exotic, but are limited by battery
>power.
>
>John

Why is it that everone forget the ultimate in mine triggers  "command
detonated" (A being with a button). It will go off when troops are in
range
with no warning. It can be put deep enough so no probe will detect it.
It
can be setup so that  a whole road section goes up with proper
seperation
(detonator cord between charges) for vehicle dispersal. The "Being" can
be
miles away or next to the mine with a hammer (Japanse WWII version).
The mine may even be set off  weeks after the target was "cleared".

Scott Siebold

Prev: RE: Mine Probing Next: Re: AAR