Prev: Re: Mines Next: [OT] Bye, Temporarily, and [SGII] Grenzers

Re: Mines

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:15:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Mines

--- Tony Christney <tchristney@telus.net> wrote:
> What about the Soviet PFM-1:
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/minerats/figures/mine3.gif
>
> Looks somewhat butterfly shaped to me. I am quite
> certain that
> this is one of the mines that people refer to when
> they talk about
> mines that children mistake for toys.

As opposed to US cluster bomb munitions that look like
round balls, ranging from softball to golfball size?

The shape of the PFM-1 is purely for aerodynamics. You
get a better dispersal pattern that way.  The original
statement was of the usual ignorant babble about Evil
Russians Murdering Children.  Geez, there's enough
stuff to fry Communists for, let's not make stories
up.

John

http://faith.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Mines Next: [OT] Bye, Temporarily, and [SGII] Grenzers