Prev: Re: [FT] Sa'Vasku power generators and threshold rolls Next: Re: Tugs...

Re: The last miserable few weeks...

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:24:44 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: The last miserable few weeks...

Sounds like it's time to lock your machine down and maybe add
firewall software.

When I installed my home Linux server on DSL I monitored activity
with Shadow to see what was going on.  Within 10 minutes of
bringing my machine up some script kiddie on the local
subnet (block of 253 machines) was trying to hack in via WUFtp
holes.	Of course I don't run WUFtp and only allowed FTP connections
to 3 machines at work, but three months later he was still
periodically trying.

Hmmm, refereed FT scenario.  You are going in with overwhelming
force when you discover the enemies spys have managed to get
the hull number of your SDN (ala Wrath of Kahn) and hack the
ship, shutting it down at a time of their choice.  :)

Roger Books

Prev: Re: [FT] Sa'Vasku power generators and threshold rolls Next: Re: Tugs...