Prev: Re: Mine Probing Next: Re: Mine Probing

Re: Mine Probing

From: devans@n...
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:35:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Mine Probing

***
Getting one remote control rat to blow up a mine is easy.  Getting a
bunch
of remote control rats to blow up a bunch of mines one after another
could
be entirely different.	Rats are smart and probably will not be
cooperative
after the first one or two went in and blew-up...  Does anyone enough
about
rat psychology to see if this would be a problem or not?
***

No claims as to psych, but two things appear pretty obvious to me: a) we
were talking about semi-controlled, so they'd not be bunching up but
spreading out over the whole field, b) they could be trained to cover an
area in the manner described in a).

Anyway, I'm not sold that they'd be understanding that 'oh, Reginald
bought
it doing just what I'm doing, so I better stop.'

Natural selection would favor the rats that failed in training, but
training would favor only those that succeeded.

Of course, if you wanted to suggest counter-counter-mine snakes...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Mine Probing Next: Re: Mine Probing